Every woman aspires to have flawless skin. The skin is one of the largest organs of the body, thus caring for your skin, can affect your overall health.
Skincare is one of the most talked-about aspects of the beauty industry. When it comes to skincare, there is hardly ever any compromise, especially with facials. According to an article on vaseline.com, 79% of women think facial skincare matters more than body skincare. However, it is worthy of note that body skincare should get as much attention as the face because the skin on our body can also lose moisture.
We have put together a few routine tips on body skincare to get you that flawless look you deserve.
Importance of Body Skin Care
The skin is the body’s largest organ. Hence, taking care of it is almost as important as breathing. A good skincare routine is not only about choosing the lotion or serum for your skin but also imbibing healthy habits to make sure your skin stays healthy. Keeping this in mind, below are few advantages of a good skincare routine:
- A good skincare routine can prevent body breakouts.
- Skincare helps in reducing body odor
- A good routine can help the skin feel fresh for longer time
- Good skincare can make you look well-groomed for any occasion
Our bodies are exposed to a lot of things like sunlight, dust, pollution that can cause harm. Hence, having a good skincare routine can take you a long way toward making sure your skin stays healthy and nourished.
Essential Skin Care Routine
A good skincare routine consists of 3main steps namely; Cleaning, exfoliating and moisturizing.
- Cleaning: Usually a shower lasts for a few minutes, it is the perfect time to cleanse your body. In order to achieve great results, a suitable body wash is of the utmost importance. A body wash will not only smell great but with the cleansing properties, it will help remove sweat, sebum and unclog pores and refresh the skin.
- Exfoliating– Many women are quite familiar with exfoliating their faces. Well, the same should apply to your bodies. There are a range of body scrubs available for exfoliating the body. Our bodies also have pores and exfoliation can help unclog them and cleanse the skin more thoroughly. If you are looking for soft and supple skin, the Shea Moisture Hand and Body Scrub comes highly recommended. However, if you have very sensitive skin, then you could try out the cocoa scrub because it soothes the skin and provides adequate nourishment.
- Moisturizing – Moisturizing your skin is important to prevent breakouts. When your skin is dry and irritated, it actually causes breakouts and acne. Moisturizing your skin reduces any chances of skin related problems from arising and it helps conceal skin blemishes. We have a range of good product brands with nourishing ingredients. Check them out here .
The routines highlighted above are not the only measures you should take. You have to ensure that you eat healthy meals from fruits and vegetables as these also provide nourishment to your skin internally.
Type of skin care products you should look out for when shopping
Choosing the right skincare product for your skin is as important as selecting the right foods that are good for your skin.
Different skincare products suit different skin types. Normally, skin types are classified into four types: oily, dry, normal, and sensitive. A good skincare routine must put into consideration the type of skin you have and the products that suit you.
For example, women with oily skin should utilize oil-free moisturizers, while women with dry skin should use products with high moisture content. Likewise, women with very sensitive skin should use products that do not make their skin react.
Body lotions and body butter are popular products used to hydrate and nourish the skin. Most recently, body oils have also become very essential for skincare routines. Natural oils like coconut, almond, olive, and other essential oils like rosemary and lavender are also good for a variety of skin types.
Go and enjoy your flawless skin
While some changes to your lifestyle can improve your skin health, additional skincare routines will guarantee you that flawless skin you so desire. To choose the skincare product that is right for you, book a consultative call with one of our beauty specialists and also check out a variety of skincare products available at our online store.